Firefox Plugins That I use
Firebox 3 Extensions that I’ve found handy … There’s a few …for Craig …
- Adblock Plus – Ads were yesterday!
- Browser View Plus – View Firefox pages in IE or other external browser
- Close Button – Adds a Close Tab button to the toolbar
- Cooliris – Cooliris transforms your browser into a full-screen 3D Wall for searching, viewing and sharing the Web.
- Download Statusbar – View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar
- DownThemAll! – The mass downloader for Firefox.
- English (Australian) Dictionary – I’m sick of all my favoUrite coloUrful language being marked incorrect.
- Extension List Dumper – Dumps a list of the installed extensions.
- Favicon Picker 3 – Replace bookmark icons from the bookmark properties dialog.
- FaviconizeTab – The width of the specified tab becomes small up to the size of favicon.
- FEBE – Backup your Firefox data
- Fetch Text URL – Open text URLs from the context menu.
- Firebug – Web Development Evolved.
- FireFTP – FTP Client for Mozilla Firefox.
- Flashblock – Replaces Flash objects with a button you can click to view them.
- Google Gears – These are the gears that power the tubes!
- IE View – (Disabled) – Open pages in IE via Firefox menus
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant – Adds ClickOnce support and the ability to report installed .NET Framework versions to the web server.
- NewTabURL – (Disabled) – Select default URL when new tabs are opened.
- nURL Suffix – Change the prefixes and suffixes which are used to complete a URL.
- OpenDownload – Extends the “Save” dialog by a button to open the file directly.
- Pearl Crescent Page Saver Basic – Save an image of a web page to a file.
- Prism for Firefox – Create Prism applications directly in Firefox
- QuickRestart – Adds a “Restart Firefox” item to the “File” menu.
- Smart Bookmarks Bar – Hides bookmarks’ names in the bookmarks bar.
- SQLite Manager – Manage any SQLite database on your computer
- Tab Mix Plus – Tab browsing with an added boost.
- Tab Scope – Preview and navigate tab contents through popup.
- Weave – (Disabled) – Weave is the Mozilla Labs prototype for online services. (Well, it would be if it worked, which it doesn’t).
- Web Developer – Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.
- WebAii 2.0 Automation Infrastructure – Firefox Client – WebAii’s Firefox support client.
- Xmarks – Bookmark Sync and Web Discovery
That’s just my list or part thereof that I’m using today. There’s plenty more out there and it is well worth exploring the gamut.
[edit - Sep 29 .09] Check these out too – http://designreviver.com/freebies/22-firefox-3-plugins-web-designers-cant-live-without/